Monday, December 31, 2012

Giant Spiders

   The Giant Spiders are ready! I did a little search on the net and found a couple of interesting spider colour schemes. I wanted the colour of the spiders to contrast the black-grey stone bases. Having this in mind, I used brown as the base colour for all eight of them and then painted various shadows from light brown to black-brown to form their markings.
   The stones are the pine tree barks I have already described on the Giant Spiders WIP.

The spider squad









   The net photos which I used as an inspiration:





   The spider squad has already known the smell of gunpowder because it took part in a battle some days ago. More about this battle I will post the next days.


   That's it for today! Stay tuned for more!
   Finally, I wish all who follow or visit this blog a healthy, prosperous and happy new year!

10 comments:

  1. The spiders look incredible! Very life-like. I hope you don't mind if I use some of your color schemes on mine. Imitation is the best form of flattery, right? Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Of course I don't mind! On the contrary!
      Panagiotis.

      Delete
  2. I second Blackwarden. Well done, indeed. I especially like the bases.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The variety is so rich and varied, these ARE incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The models are simply gorgeous.
    Happy new Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rob89! Happy new year to you too!
      Panagiotis.

      Delete
  5. Really love these colors. So much better than the usual plain black or gray color scheme you see spiders painted up in!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...